And......

I'm gonna post up some old vids of past gigs and write a bit about them if i can remember anything about them.
Also a big thanx to BFM for gettin me to half of these gigs,chur.


Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Laneway Auckland

Laneway Festival Auckland Anniversary 1/02/2010
 
Holy shit i was lookin forward to this day so much,the big draw card for me being Dirty Three,The 3D's,Daniel Johnston,The XX and Echo and the Bunnymen.All the other bands were a big fat bonus.I'm not gonna go into detail about each band so all i can say was that Dirty Three were incredible(this was the fourth time I've seen them and still think they're one of the best live bands in the world),Daniel Johnston was amazing,The XX were really good,quite mellow but had a beautiful sound and looked good on stage(posers but good posers at that)and well yeah was everyone else were good.No disappointments on the music side,oh except when Cut of Your Hands came started playing during Daniel Johnston. There's definitely a few things the organizers are gonna sort out for next time ie.bigger beer area,more food and time schedules for the bands.
So really all in all this was an amazing day,can't wait till next yeah.

Family Cactus

Phoenix Foundation

One of the ques


 The XX

Daniel Johnston


 it rained a wee bit.

The Black Lips

  
 Warren Ellis,Dirty Three


  
  
  
 Chris Knox and the Nothing

Echo and the Bunnymen


and then my camera ran out of room : (
But here's why............







These last 2 vids were taken by Naressa,not me.

What do ya think?


1 comment:

  1. Hello again! Long time no stalk, right? I bookmarked your blog and then kinda forgot about it but was happy to see it and come read and look up your laneway write up. Was such a good day/night. I think you can actually see the back of my head in a couple of your videos, hahaha. I was very front and center THE ENTIRE TIME. So exhausted by the end of it but it was MAJORLY worth it. Such a good time.

    Saw you went to Dodos as well? What did you think. I hearted it. Love them so much. What else.... Deerhoof! Did you see them? I didn't. Wah! I actually study/live in Dunedin so for most of the year am gig-less. Did see Die!Die!Die! though, they are always good fun :)

    PS- thanks for the invite in the other message. Would of been awesome haha, but as I said, I study in Dunedin :( thinking of taking next semester off and going to the USA for a couple of months and then moving back to Auckland. Hard to decision to make though as it is a good time down here. Haha. BUT if I do. May not see you knowingly but possibly see you at future gigs.

    Love - Your number one reader.

    ReplyDelete