And......

I'm gonna post up some old vids of past gigs and write a bit about them if i can remember anything about them.
Also a big thanx to BFM for gettin me to half of these gigs,chur.


Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Animal Collective 08/12/09




Played at the good old Powerstation which is usually a great place to see bands,but not in this case as much.I spose i was lucky enough to see them at the Kings Arms last time.I always prefer a more intimate setting.The sound was alright though,big and full but did get lost a little into the abyss of the Powerstation.
What i do love about Animal Collective is the way they jam out for 10mins or so for 1 song and they're stage show has moved up a few notches with some simple but awesome lighting and a nice big painted backdrop(check out the photos).
So yeah,pretty good but not as good as the Kings Arms gig,that's all.Check out the 2 vids,thanx.
Oh yeah and Bachelorette played support.She was great,good to see her perform solo which i actually prefer,even though her band is good(especially Pikelet) she just seems to pull it off better by herself.Good stage lights and projection stuff to.
Dim



 




Bachelorette

2 comments:

  1. Another thing about this gig that I found awesome was the splicing of songs, I just love it when you can go to a gig and hear something that you would never get to otherwise. Animal Collective is def one of these bands, offering shows that are one offs almost. Keeps me coming back! Did you reckon the crowd was just totally mesmerised. Love it. Sorry I'm stalking your blog, stumbled across it and I'm re-living my summer gigs! Haha. Oh and as for Bachelorette I was TOTALLY bummed I missed her cause I was running late to get there, but luckily caught her at laneway the other day, as a regular gig atendee did you go? More photos and videos if so! Haha

    Oh and also, talking about Animal Collective and people opening for them, did you catch Grouper (who I believe opened for them on their US tour) when she did a wee tour of New Zealand with a couple of other bands ( I think she was actually just supporting the, but I can't remember who they were cause I was only going for Grouper haha) if not it was EPIC. And if you don't know who grouper is, check out her myspace, it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Grouper but only just found out about them this year,good bed music.
    The crowd was awesome i thought,pretty amazing how big they are now compared to a few years ago.
    I'll do a Laneway post soon,sorry for being slack on the updates.Gonna get back into it now.
    Chur
    Dim

    ReplyDelete